From:
Laura L'Heureux Kupkee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 1994 15:17:41 CST
To all,

Dr. Williams will probably have commented by now, but just in case, I wanted
to be sure this message got out:

Poinsettias (Euphorbia pulcherrima) are poisonous to all animals and small
children who might eat them.  The poison is present in all parts of the
plant.  Although other members of the Euphorbia genus are far more toxic, if
a large amount of the poinsettia is eaten by a small animal (and we all no
how sensitive ferrets are) considerable vomitting and diarrhea may occur.
Please keep poinsettias well out of the reach of any and all who might be
tempted to ingest them rather than to admire them from afar.  Thanks!

Laura

Laura L'Heureux
U. of Illinois Vet Med Class of `96

P.S. -- Dr. Williams, would you mind dropping a quick test message to:
        [log in to unmask]  ?  Our system cannot reach your system, period.
        Craig (cflowers) our computer guru wonders if perhaps your hard
        address has changed but has not been registered with our system yet.
        If you could contact him, I'd appreciate it.  I'd really like to be
        able to contact you via email! :)  Thanks!