From:
Ferret Friends of Pittsburgh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:05:48 +0000
Pittsburgh area ferret friends!

The Three Rivers Ferret Council needs your help in Fertober! We have
exciting events scheduled almost every weekend. If you like to talk
ferret and show off your friendly ferrets - please consider helping
out for a shift or two at one or more of these upcoming events.

Friday, October 10th - Barb & Chris will be setting up for the Pet Expo
at the convention center in downtown Pittsburgh. We would appreciate at
least one more helper. If you are available between noon and 4pm on
Friday, please let us know.

Saturday, October 11th - Pittsburgh Pet Expo at the convention center
in downtown Pittsburgh. The TRFC will have a booth to educate the
public on ferrets. Helpers are encouraged to bring friendly ferrets to
show off to the public (deaf ferrets sometimes work best for this event
as it is VERY loud with announcements and dogs barking, etc.). HUNDREDS
of people swarm this expo at the same time, be prepared to talk ferret
:o) The store is not set up at this event, however we do sell 50/50
raffle tickets to try to recoup the cost of the booth. The expo runs
from 10am - 6pm on Saturday. We are given admission tickets and vendor
passes, so you should not have to pay for admission (just parking).
Ideally, we need at least 2 people at the booth at all times. If you
can help for a few hours (or more), please contact me.

Sunday, October 12th - Pet Expo is open from 11am - 5pm and there is
NO Steeler game this day. Please see above for more information or you
can check out their website - www.pittsburghpetexpo.com

Saturday, October 18th - Ferret Awareness Day at Petco in the
Waterfront (Homestead). Petco is sponsoring a ferret costume contest!
Club members Shannon & Dave Moore are organizing this event (thanks
guys!!) along with the Petco manager. There will be candy for the kids
(human variety) and prizes for the best costumes. This event is from
10am - 4pm and will be good practice for the clubs costume contest on
Sunday :o) Shannon & Dave would appreciate some helpers to educate the
public on proper ferret care. Please contact us if you can help.

Sunday, October 19th - Bi-monthly meeting of the TRFC. This meeting
will be a costume contest for the ferrets - although humans are
encouraged to dress up too, we will only give prizes to the ferrets.
We will host a halloween party for the humans. Join us for a relaxing
day with ferrets as the main topic! Our Pampered Fuzzy store will be
set up with over 300 items to purchase. There also is a small raffle
of goodies and don't miss out - a new meeting activity - a door prize
raffle! Each person that attends will be given a door prize raffle
ticket. You do NOT have to be a member to come to the meetings,
everyone is invited.. ferrets included. Meetings are held from 1pm -
4pm. See our website for more info and directions. www.3rfc.org

Saturday, October 25th - The TRFC will be at the Dooktoberfest AFA
Ferret Show in Frederick, MD. Please stop by to visit our table and
pick up some goodies for your ferret friends. We have unique and new
items along with the necessities of ferret ownership.

Again, if you can help at any of these events - even for just a few
hours, we would really appreciate it. Contact Chris at 412-915-1694 or

Thanks,

Chris Sayne
Three Rivers Ferret Council, Inc.
a 501(c)3 non-profit organization