Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:52:21 -0400
"I hate the cold and like to travel whenever I can."
For someone who was born and lived her life in London, Ontario, this
might seem a strange sentiment.  Especially since she loves her hometown!
However, Ann Martin confesses that of all the places in the world she has
visited, her favorite is a hot spot in the southwest United States --
Sedona, AZ.  "I've requested that when I die, I be cremated and my ashes
be scattered over Sedona," states this quite opinionated Canadian author.
Until then, however, she will be happy to visit all corners of the earth.

The wife of a retired airline pilot, Ann, along with her husband, sister
and brother-in-law, has done enough traveling to make "The Amazing Race"
look like a 100 yard dash!  This fall they are scheduled to go to
Ireland, where they will be renting a four bedroom home, which they
will make their base for day trips.  Having covered the North American
continent -- and Hawaii -- the Martins are looking to travel throughout
Europe.  Oh, and they loved Portugal!  As Ann puts it, they have never
had a bad trip!

When not on the road, Ann and her husband share their home with a new
puppy, a 120 pound Newfoundland who just turned one!  It was a Newfy and
a St.  Bernard who were living with Ann when she began her research into
pet foods.  Both were fed healthy diets of a popular dog food when they
became ill.  As she read more about foods, the book Food Pets Die For
developed.  Ann says her publisher is a real stickler for documentation,
so each book is not just a labor of love, it is a relief to finish!
"I would rather write stories for a magazine any day!" Ann exclaimed.
"I'm working on another one now, but they take years!" it is so
interesting to do the research, Ann says, as she learns something new
every day!

Ann's hobbies include the growing of trailing African Violets.  She
collects leaves from all over the world and raises them from roots.
Currently she is growing about 75.  There are about 500 in her home, so
she has lots of grow lights, Ann said.  Her other current hobby is her
new home, which they bought in September of last year.  Ann and her
husband are renovating it between trips.

Ann has lived life to the fullest.  She is always ready for a new
adventure, but enjoys being at home, too.  This woman is fun, but she is
also serious about helping you have healthy pets.  Come learn from Ann
just what the pet food industry knows that you don't!