From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2013 15:31:24 -0500
I lost my Jude, my squamous cell carcinoma guy, the day after I got out
of the hospital after the car accident. When I got him almost 3 years
ago I was told by many that he probably didn't have a good prognosis.
He surprised everyone and had a wonderful, bouncy, full of joy life.
He also had a wonderful friend Treasure. She was the only ferret he
accepted. Every morning they spent 2 hours racing through the house.
The large growth never grew again until the last month and then it went
crazy finally hindering eating. He still wanted so much to live but I
could see that it wasn't to be. Treasure is still mourning. She saw his
lifeless body when I returned from the vet but just couldn't accept it.
She still plays with her group Tyki and elderly Maxine but there's
someone special missing in her life. I have tried to get her to be
friendly with members of other groups but no luck so far. My last hope
is wonderful Hero. He likes everyone. Between being with Jude and her
own group she used to be out 4 hours and now she is only out 2 so
hopefully she accepts handsome Hero. He will never be able to replace
Jude in her heart but perhaps can ease the ache. As for me...the ache
is still there too.

Nancy in OR and her 11, the least I've had in many years.