From:
Brandon Burt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:26:22 -0600
(Couldn't find anything about this in the archives ...)

On the subject of ferrets in cartoons, my local paper (The Salt Lake
Tribune) has recently started carrying a strip called "Free For All".  It's
kind of a "Bloom County" rip-off, and one of the characters has a pet
ferret named Angus.  The major characters in the strip are human, so the
ferret doesn't talk or wear clothes or anything; he just does ferrety
things.  In today's strip, the ferret-owner is on an airplane, and a
stewardess is yelling at him: "Excuse me!  Your ferret is in the drink
cart!" to which he replies, "Yeah, and good luck getting him out."

Well, the strip itself isn't uproariously funny even on the best of days,
but the thought of travelling on an airplane with a loose ferret running
around is hair-raising, to say the least!

-Brandon Burt
+ Baldrick, who is distressed over the utter dearth of Cheweasels in the
Salt Lake City area.