Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2013 10:55:37 -0400
The eye is *not* tired right now, so these comments are not from a
scant skimming!

First an explanation of something that is causing confusion:
Because the eye is so on again off again as I figure out more and more
tricks for glare control and protection, intermittent blurring and
reduced visual field needs, and on and off going between the use of one
eye or two -- behavioral adjustments which resources usually seem to
say can take a half year or more -- I will continue to put warnings
when the eye is tired so that people know when they absolutely need to
supplement with their own searches like last night, or when it is a
matter of choice like now. The reason I am spelling that out is that
some hopeful people don't realize that this is going to take time --
very possibly into early next year though hopefully with ongoing
behavioral progress since I am constantly trying things now. I am
working on it so such mentions are not complaints but are instead
are needed warnings to the readers to do their own searching and
refinements, too. Thank you for being hopeful but, please, just take
the warnings as warnings when I say the eye is tired and feel safer
when it is not like now. It's kind of impossible to do all that I need
to do in a day without pretty much all types of chores happening at
both times.

Anyway, with the eye working well enough right now: on page 143 of
Science, vol 341, 12 July 2013 is a summary article on neurogenesis
and the worsening of prostate malignancy in mice, but the focus of the
study is if and how neurogenesis affects tumors and it may very well
be that this new info in this new topic can be applied more widely.

Angiogenesis, the growth of new blood vessels, has been known for some
time to pose a problem in the acceleration of some malignancies, but
researchers did not know about neurogenesis caused by malignancies. In
this study:
1. Autonomic nerve generation subsets
A. Parasympathetic nerve generation
   Parasympathetic nerves promote dissemination
B. Sympathetic nerve generation
   Sympathetic neonerves promote early stages of tumorigenesis

Steve read out the URL on the page for me to pass along to you but I
donot know if it is general access or not:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1126/science.1236361
[Abstract available. Full article requires sign-in/payment]

This may well be data that can be applied more widely and therefore
useful information as it is taken into study for new approaches. If
it interests no one else here it probably will still interest the
veterinarian members, and those vets to whom list members carry
interesting info and links because it is such a step in further
understanding.

Sukie (not a vet) Ferrets make the world a game.

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.miamiferret.org/
http://www.ferrethealth.msu.edu/