Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:19:39 -0400
All day I have kept Maggie warm and cuddled or in her hammy.  She quit
eating yesterday and even though I got a little of the meds in her and
rubbed honey water on her gum several times today, she would not take
anything voluntarily.  I had some fluids and gave her about 20 cc this
morning to make her more comfortable.  I have kept her warm with a heat
pack and some dryer-warmed sleepsacks.  It has been working.  I went out
to the dryer to get some more and put her down for the few minutes it
took to do it.  I came back and she began gasping for air.  In two
minutes she was gone.

Thank you all for your kind words and notes.  You don't know how much I
have appreciated it.  I don't usually post about losing a ferret, but
since so many of you knew about what happened, I wanted to let you know
the Maggie is at peace now - I am okay and happy that I was able to be
here with her when she passed.

For the first time since 1999, I am down to three.  Two of those are 6
years old!  Wow, I think life is changing again.  Not sure what the
future holds.  Thanks, again.

--
renee :)
It's amazing how much can be accomplished if nobody cares who gets the