From:
"Kris Aaron-Benedum (and S. & S.)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 19:54:00 -0500
>Send to "[log in to unmask]", please subject title "June's Ferret Checks".
>Any other paraphernalia info will also be appreciated.

you can make your own checks easily & cheaply if you have a computer.  use a
word-processing program or graphics program to create a similar check design
& add whatever artwork you want!  be sure to number them so you (and the
bank) don't get too confused.

you can scan in ferret art from anywhere and put your own comments -- dook
dook!!! -- in, as well.

the bank can't make you use their checks , & if you can order 'em out of the
Sunday newspaper supplements you can also make them!  I'm a graphics artist
& it works for us!  just keep in mind that the businesses where you shop
don't have to accept them if they think they look "odd".

rainey & stormin
** the more i see of people, the more i love animals **

[Moderator's note: Not so fast!  Making your own checks is certainly
possible, but it's quite difficult.  For starters, you need special magnetic
ink, a special font and *very* accuarate placement of things.  While a bank
can't force you to use their checks, they can and often do charge exorbitant
fees for using checks that don't conform to ABA specifications.  BIG]