From:
mlle fiammarosa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:04:07 -0000
Well!  I posted about housing in Boston and all-of-a-sudden I get a job
offer in Paris!  A long story, as you can imagine.  But my question is -
has anyone ever brought ferrets over to Europe in the cargo hold?  Any
precautions I should take?

Legally, I can bring them into France with no problems (and every vet is
trained in ferrets, unlike here).  The problem is the airlines.  Delta will
allow me to take them in the cabin, but the Delta flight to Paris from
Boston is "code-shared" with Air France, who will not allow me to take them
in the cabin.  My other option is to travel to NYC for a real Delta flight.
OR, I could bring them on Air France in cargo...which I'm reluctant to do,
but it's either bring them or give them up.  And I just can't give them up.

I am bringing them to the vet for their health certificate, and she will
give me some medications in case they get stressed out.

I would appreciate any advice about flying with ferrets!  The flight is
about 6.5 hours.  Any particular brand of airline-approved travel cage?
etc.  etc.

Thank you,
Fiammarosa, and Gin & Tonic