From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2010 17:47:52 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was busy cleaning the
cottage. A never-ending job what with the two kits running in and out
all day. Finally she chased the last piece of dust from the place.
Then she heard a knock at the door. When she opened it, she saw Mimi,
de little girl courier, with a note in her paw. She said,

"SaraFerret, there is a ferret crossing the bridge. And you are the one
who has been appointed to greet her. Is there anyone you want me to
get?"

She handed me the note and I quickly read it. Then I sent her to fetch
the family and I flew to the entrance, hoping I would be on time to
meet her. I searched for her when I arrived, "Now where oh where was
she?" (Hopefully she hadn't wandered off on her own). Then I spotted
her hiding behind a post right behind the entrance, so I motioned for
her to come on out to meet me. But she seemed to want to play hide and
go seek. So I told her, "Let me tell you who I am first and maybe we
can play later." With that, she bounced on out. So I introduced myself,

"I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will have lotsa friends and run on green grass
forever. Did I mention de fun and games?"

She looked at me and said, "My name is Brody and sometimes they used to
call me Vicious cause I bite people, but I am not mean cause it is just
play bite cause I am just wanting people to play with me. I don't see
anyone around here but you and me, so I don't know what you mean by
friends; where are all these friends? Are they hiding somewhere? I get
it; they are playing hide and seek somewhere and we have got to go find
them, right? Wait a minute! You mean I have to stay here!!!!!! I can't
will miss me so much. What will he do without me. He will wonder where
I am at. And so will Mommy. I must go back right now."

I replied, "Brody, dear sweet one, maybe you didn't understand. Once
you cross the Bridge, this is home. I am sure your Mommy and Daddy knew
you crossed. But later we will let them know you are safe. I know it is
very hard to understand but you will be very happy here. And your
friends are here and if you are patient you will see them. And yes
there are loads of fun things to do here; too many to mention. I have
another surprise for you. Do you see these wings on my shoulders? You
will get your very own pair--just designed especially for you. They are
great for flying about the heavens--sure beats hopping from cloud to
cloud. So if you will follow me."

So off we went down the garden path to the Wing House where the wings
were stored. We opened the door and on the counter was a big box--of
course. She opened de box and took out the wings--heavenly blue. I
helped her put on her wings and adjusted her halo. Then she ran to the
big vanity mirror and gazed at her reflection. A beautiful adolescent
fuzzy stared back at her and she smiled. Then she turned to me and
said, "Gee I wish Mommy and Daddy could see me now." Then I gots an
idea.

We went out the door and down the path to the Misting Pond. Then we sat
down beside the cool clear water and with one swish we saw the vision
of Mommy and Daddy appear. Brody got so excited she started waving and
dooking with all of her might.

"I love you both so much. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for
rescuing me. I feel much better now. I have beautiful wings and soon I
will be able to fly. I got here safe. I do miss you very much. But I
know I will have friends here and we will be able to play games and
have lotsa fun here."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by the time you should
read this it should have landed there. And with another swish the
vision was gone.

Then we left there and went down the road where all of a sudden, Brody
saw a banner which read "Welcome Brody" and then she saw a group of
fuzzies. Now some she knew and some were completely unknown. But they
ran up to her and hugged her and said they had been waiting for her
just behind the trees. Sorta like hide and seek. (Brody turned to me
and said, " I am so happy you weren't telling me stories about the
friends.") So we continued to the cottage where you could see a party
was going on. Music was a-playing and fuzzies were running in and out.
We went into the cottage and Mercy! the food looked so delicious, yes I
took samples of everything. Of course I was invited to stay. But I had
kits to look after. So I gave Brody a hug. I knew she would be so happy
in her new forever home.

So ended another greeting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter