From:
Otter-Candy Kroupa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 08:16:42 EST
YES my fuzzrats get the hiccups!  The vet says not to worry about it unless
it lasts a long time or happens too frequently.  Sounds about like human
hiccups, which makes sense, since it's just a spasm in the diaphragm, I
think.  Anyway, we had a really little girl who got them once ..  she was
only about 3/4 lb.  at the time.  Each time she hiccupped her whole body
jumped.  When she tried to walk across the floor while she was hiccupping
she'd jump like a Mexican Jumping Bean and tip over with each hiccup.  It
was hysterical, but I always picked her up and held her til the hiccups
subsided, so she wouldn't hurt herself.

As for ferret names, Eris is good... we always said our next ferret was
going to be named Nyarlethotep ... for those not familiar with Lovecraft and
the Cthulhu Mythos, Nyarlethotep was the "crawling chaos" ... appropriate,
eh?  However, we never did name one that -- too long.  And "Narlie" wasn't
nearly so elegant a name.  Maybe next time...

Otter
Silk ("who's Narlie?"); Lynx ("another playmate?? KEWL!!");
Drifter ("yawn") & Muggsie ("NO MORE PETS!!")
"To steal from one source is plagarism -- to steal from many is
research" ---- anon.
Mitakuye Oyasin