From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 07:08:47 -0700
It is with a heavy heart that I write about the loss of my fiance's
family's Cairn terrier, Puffy.  We had to put her down last night.  She'd
been suffering with little strokes and seizures for the last couple of
weeks, and finally she was unable to do anything (couldn't stand, couldn't
eat).

Puffy was considered a playtoy to my herd of five ferrets.  She tried very
hard to tolerate them, though she would snap every now and then.  Slinky
would jump on her back and hang onto her fur and ride her around as if she
were a horse.  Kyle liked to bite at the long fur on her paws.

Most interestingly, Puffy got along best with my little rescue girl, Sandy,
who doesn't get along with any of the other ferrets.  They could be in a
room together for hours and not bother each other.  Puffy would sniff Sandy
and push her with her nose, which caused Sandy to get ornery and war dance.
It was neat to watch them together.  They blended well together, as they
were almost the same color (butterscotch).

Skeeter, make sure you warn all the ferrets up there that they have a big
playmate coming.  And all members of the Rainbow Bridge will have to obtain
earplugs, as now the two loudest barkers (my Mandi journeyed to the Bridge
two years ago) ever known to man are united there and probably engaged in a
barking contest.

We'll miss you Puffer!
Aileen, Sean, & the herd
Slinky (you mean I don't have anyone to ride around
anymore?), Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy (bye-bye buddy)
===
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."