From:
Karen FEW <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2012 13:09:13 +0100
Hi,

Although I agree with people having their own opinions and beliefs in
how animals should be supported etc (in this case ferrets) some people
have tunnel vision and can't see the wood from the trees. As a ferret
lover, ferret rescue and general animal lover I move with the times.
Years ago people did some awful things to ferrets, feed them bread &
milk, stitch their mouths closed when hunting so they couldn't eat the
prey, burned their wee noses to stop them biting, clipped their canines
so if they did bite it was less painful............We are all quite
justified in being horrified by these action........That was how people
did it they had no education.

Making a movie about ferrets, showing them in a positive light,
educating children without appearing to is a gift in itself. What other
way would you educate people on the merits of ferrets (excuse the pun).
People who want to have a ferret after seeing this movie are
potentially more likely to visit a rescue before a store, why? Cos'
that what the movie tells them so what is the problem with that? Those
who choose to have a ferret and be a bad owner after seeing the movie
would be bad owners of any animal. I hate that but that is why the
movie talks about rescues, I also think a bit of perception is
required, this movie is an independent movie and with the best will
in the world it will not have the stage which Disney has to showcase
Million dollar movies.

Ferrets doing tricks in the movie..........You just need to visit You
Tube to see just how clever these guys are, they love to please and as
any ferret lover knows are food orientated..... My friend who has 2
ferrets has trained them to roll over, put their toys away, close the
door...Wonderful to see and these guys think it is all a game.

Karen Binnie - Douglas