From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 08:39:48 -0500
Melissa,

The doctor who wrote the book on colloidal silver is an N.D., which is a
Naturopathic Doctor.  Doctors of Naturopathy attend accredited medical
schools, just like M.D.'s (and D.O's - doctors of osteopathy) do, perform
residencies, and are licensed to practice medicine in their state .. just
like M.D's and D.O's are.  Their medical association is not the AMA - they
have their own, just like DOs have their own (I think it's the American
Association of Osteopathy, in the case of DO's ...)

Anyway, the book is a literature review summary ... the doctor assimilated
the results of years of studies and history on colloidal silver into one
book.  (You can see his references in the back of the book, if you purchase
it).

BTW, colloidal silver used to be one of the primary antibiotics used in
U.S. hospitals prior to the invention of modern antibiotics (penicillin,
etc.)  Yes, improperly prepared colloidal silver or overuse of the product
can cause health problems, as the woman on the site you referenced
mentioned.  (Overuse of pharmaceutical antibiotics can cause a lot of
health problems of course, too ...)

That's why I cleared the usage of colloidal silver with my veterinarian
before using it; he thought it was a great idea.  BTW, I use colloidal
silver myself, and I've gotten good results.  I cleared it first with my
doctor (who is a DO, practicing in a group practice with MDs), and she also
thought it was a good idea.  It worked well against my infection, so I was
happy.

I would recommend that anyone clear usage of colloidal silver or herbal
products with their veterinarian first, though ... just like using
allopathic products!

- Ela