From:
Tricia Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 00:27:52 -0500
In the last wks, it has been interesting to hear of peoples experiences with
flying with their fuzzies.  Let me share with you that no matter what you
hear from others......(their experiences).....you need to get in writing
before your flight that your fuzzies can fly in cabin with you on your
journey and what the costs and restrictions are.

Recently, I moved from the states to Switzerland <--a story in itself.  To
get my babies from Detroit to Switzerland was a major task.  The final out
come was SwissAir.  Thank goodness we received email from someone at
SwissAir stating that my babies could fly in cabin for the entire trip.
(Though they were not allowed out of the carrier.)

Keep in mind, that we drove from Detroit to Chicago because we couldn't find
an airline that would let all three of my babies (in one carrier) fly in
cabin.  This was over a 4 hr drive, in a rental car.... all costing a small
fortune and getting lots of "eye rolling" from friends and family.  (the ride
also included a 55lb dog, a cat, and an 8yr old) UHH!!

When we got to the SwissAir counter, the agent refused to let the kids on.
I was adimate and lucky that I had the "OK" in writing.  They carged $120 a
piece for the trip.  (Which we knew in advance) And as far as I know, they
were the first and only fuzzies to fly "In Cabin" on SwissAir.

Now, please note that we made 6 phone calls to 6 different people on top of
my husbands last efforts to get something in writing (by email).  Each
person told us that Ferrets were not a problem in the cabin.... until we got
to the counter and were "Desperate" with no other options and then they
tried to tell us NO.

I refused to let the babies fly Cargo!!  My only dilemma is the return trip
(in couple of yrs) which the lady at the counter, the manager, and another
supervisor...... all told me they really had no other option but to let us
on (for any trip) since we had something in writing.

Boy, we need to laminate and gold plate that piece of email!!  :)

The hassles of flying with your fuzzies are absolutely rediculous.  I don't
understand the airline hesitation.  We need to work on all of the airlines
to accept our fuzzies as they would Cats or dogs (domesticated animals).

How can it be safe for 3 fuzzies (weighing under 7lbs) to fly cargo?  This
is definately not in the best interest of the animals!!

please with all your flying effort, get something in writting so you won't
be "caught" at the airline counter with no options!!

Happy travels
Diva
Rickiee<--"I'm the smart one"
Pebbles<--"Don't hate me cause I'm sooo cute!"
Spaz<--"I'm short a few brain cells but my mommy still loves me"