From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:34:55 -0400
Dippy was one of the Rainbows that was rescued by Gerri in Colorado.
Dippy joined us in 2006. Dippy got his name because his feet looked
like he dipped them in white paint. But he was also a little Dippy.
Dippy and Onyx and Dante were Beezels best buddies. For the 1st year
they got along with everyone, then the honeymoon was over and Beezel
became a bully. At first it wasn't harmful, and when Beezel would go
after someone, Dippy would dance around next to them as if to say
"Me Next, Me Next!" eyes so full of joy. Dippy didn't quite get it. It
wasn't long before I had to start caging the boys to keep everyone
safe, and eventually had to divide the house when I was home so
everyone got plenty of safe out of cage time. As Dippy aged he thought
he was a thug. Both Dippy and Onyx had their canines filed or clipped
before they were rescued so biting wasn't much of an issue but they
still could apply enough pressure to hurt. When new people would visit,
Dippy would burr up and stalk them. He really thought he was the
heavyweight. The giggles and hugs he received were not well received
and eventually he would stalk off and pout. The first time I handed
Dippy to Autumn, he reared his head back, eyes wide open, and stared at
her. It was quite comical, how dare she hold him!, and again the
giggles were not well received. In his senior years Dippy mellowed with
the other ferrets, but he still didn't care for hugs and kisses from
people but he did tolerate them. He knew on Fridays when Autumn and
Nate visited that Nbones would be shared and so he tolerated the hugs
for the Nbones.

RIP angel Dippy.

In Dippy's memory, please spend a little extra time loving on and
playing with your ferrets. Tomorrow is not promised and we don't
want to regret the time we missed with them.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org