From:
T&C Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:40:20 -0500
Hello,

My name is Cherlyn Moore and I just recently joined the FML.  I had
wanted a ferret for a long while but had never actually gone through
with getting one.  I had done a lot of reading and bought a couple of
books so I knew the basics of ferret keeping.

We have a house that we are renovating and the woman that lived next door
invited me over to visit her ferrets.  She worked for a veterinarian and
had adopted altogether 7 ferrets.  They were so neat.  She had moved over
a month ago so I didn't get to talk to her very much about her ferrets
and her experiences with them.  One day while my husband was at the house
we are renovating, He kept hearing noises.  Things falling over and just
little sounds.  He kept looking and found nothing.  The next day he was
working there again and kept hearing the same things.  He thought that
from where we had a part of the kitchen floor up that our local groundhog
was coming into the kitchen from under the floor.  While standing there
he saw movement out of the corner of his eye and immediately thought
"SKUNK'.  He stomped his foot and it ran back behind the sheetrock that
was leaning against the wall.  While trying to figure out how he was
going to get a skunk out of the house it came running out from behind the
sheetrock straight for his boots.  And started chewing on his boots and
jumping around.  It was a ferret.  The only thing we can figure is that
it had belonged to the woman who had lived next door and she had gotten
away and they moved.  But the woman had moved a month before that.  This
ferret was a little female and so thin.  She weighed about as much as a
1/3rd deck of cards.  So now I have a ferret.  She is great.  Very
friendly and loves to cuddle and play.  Because she found us 2 days
before Halloween and my husband was beginning to think that the house was
haunted we named her BOO.

Cherlyn Moore
Charleston, WV