From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 09:31:27 -0400
>From:    Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Vet text recomendation
>I'm not great at science or medical things but I was thinking about getting
>a reference book on the fuzzies.  Is one better than the other?

"Ferrets, Rabbits and Rodents - Clinical Medicine and Surgery" is a great
reference to have on hand.  Meant for vets, but it's written in a way that
even the average, non-medical ferret lover can understand.  I refer to
this one a LOT.

"Essentials of Ferrets - A Guide for Practitioners" by Dr. Karen Purcell.
Same as above.

"Biology and Diseases of the Ferret" by James G. Fox.  This is some real
heavy reading and not for the average ferret lover.  Save your money and
don't buy this one unless you have some medical/science background.

You can find links to buy these, and others, on my adrenal/insulinoma
website or go right to the page: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/books.htm

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-752-7040
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc