From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 17:35:32 -0400
I am interested to know if there are other shelters or folks who have had
ferrets with no other ailments suddenly develop sudden onset of kidney
disorder-- even develop mouth ulcers within the last 3-4 months.  We have
had a rash of these outbreaks in locations of this shelter network -- and
several ferret deaths due to it.  I would like to have folks who have
similar experiences please respond privately at the above email address.
It seems it *might* be a food issue..?.  we are conferring with other
shelters who have had the same experiences in the last few months..  all
using the same food and when switched the animals got better.
Unfortunately our lack of knowledge , or expectation of this possibility,
did not save a number of ferrets.

Thanks