Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:01:49 -0500
Just wanted to let everyone know I got my sample of the Kaytee Rainbow
Exact for ferrets.  As I had suspected would happen, they sent me an entire
3 lb. bag for free.  I haven't tried it yet, so I don't have any particular
opinion about it.

I know their Kaytee Rainbow Exact for rabbits is one of the best rabbit
foods on the market ... but on the other hand, the same company also makes
"Fiesta" blends (for rabbits and for ferrets) which are full of items that
aren't particularly healthy or helpful for the animals.  (There are
unhulled sunflower seeds and some sort of dried beans in the rabbit food.
My rabbit enjoys spitting these at people).  I'm pretty deeply committed to
Totally Ferret, anyway; not only is it well-designed for the needs of
ferrets, but the company that makes it does a LOT to support ferret
shelters and the ferret community as a whole.  Nonetheless, I will give
the Kaytee a "fair shot" and see if my ferrets care for it at all.

Anyway, if anyone wants to order a free sample of Kaytee Rainbow Exact to
try for their ferrets, you can call 1-800-KAYTEE-1.  (That's a number "1"
on the end, not a letter "l").  Make sure you specify the ferret blend, or
you might wind up with rabbit food!  ;->

- Ela