From:
"Gwen M. Daley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 11:12:57 +0000
My little female Lulu "herds" black socks (NOT white socks, black socks).
If you take out a bunch of black socks and place them around the room, she
will bitchely gather them up while squawking at you.  She arranges them in
her sleeping area and then lays down besides them.  I was watching a PBS
special on european mustelids recently and saw a little wild polecat female
do the exact same thing - except with her kits instead of socks, and while a
big old bear was coming.  Some instincts die hard, I guess..

Gwen

Gwen M. Daley
http://www.vt.edu:10021/G/gdaley/gmd.html
Department of Geological Sciences