From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:08:49 -0600
Okay, the story is, for years I've had an off-on correspondence with
popular fantasy author Piers Anthony, having named several doves for
some of his characters in his Xanth series and related many stories of
the ferrets and other critters to entertain him "back" as his funny and
punny Xanth books have entertained me out of the doldrums from any time
any critter had died. I also sent him two of my hand-crocheted Rainbow
Bridge Blue Angels one Xmas as a means, again, of "giving back" for his
cheery entertainment.

Well, he told me that he was cooking up a way and means of including
the angels into one of his Xanth books, and has, in fact, done it!..
on top of that he MENTIONS The Ferret & Dove Sanctuary in his Author's
Note right in the new book!

Here is a copied-pasted partial quote of what was sent to me
"...a copy of Knot Gneiss, wherein Angela Angel is a significant
character. Remember, she was crafted from the Angel dolls you sent
me. I sort of merged them and brought her to life. I hope you have a
forwarding address for the Ferret and Dove Sanctuary site, as it is
listed in the Author Note, and some readers may follow up.

Piers Anthony"

(to which I answered twice, here is my second still amazed answer)
You are incredibly KIND! THANK You so Very much! You've also given me
the inspiration to at least keep both of the Ferret & Dove Sanctuary's
web sites up, here they are, the first one with a memorian to Wes
Hurley CEO and President, who was so happy with the little No-kill
Sanctuary that he re-married me while wearing one of the Sanctuary's
logo-ed t-shirts .
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html
and, since I still have 3 ferrets, Corbie Corsaire can stay as a kind
of semi-adoptable on this web page (she's a sneak-biter, only nips the
hand that's holding her when the person's attention wanders... :)
http://ferretanddovesanctuary.petfinder.org