From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 04:06:09 EDT
Hey everyone,
i just thought that i would tell you all of the "REALLY" stupid thing that
i let happen...

i have had ferrets for 4 years now...i know better, i really do...

i let my dog (chiuahua/terrier) play with tolit paper rolls...i always cut
them lenghtwise before i toss them on the ground for him to play with...
well i wasnt feeling good the other day and cheyenne was jumping up and
down to get it...so i just gave it to him...we let the ferrets out later
that evening and i didnt think anything about it...i walked out to get a
drink and go to the bathroom to check on my husband...i told my son to go
back there and play with them..because we have a new one (3months old)
(his name is "SPAZ") and i didnt want him to be bullied...i got 2 girls
(chi and cloyee) that are ruthless...(one gets on one end and the other on
the other end) (well u can just imagine...hahahaha) (not little angels)...
he went right back...next thing i know he comes walking out with spaz...
spaz had that D*%& tolit paper roll on his head...im ripping it off while
yelling at my son saying why didnt you take it off...i swear it was less
than 3 minutes before he went back...and in that short of time see what
can happen...spaz was in distress...so here i am giving him water by way
od syringe and also trying to cool him down under running cold water in
the sink...im doing this and calling the vet...he said that i did do the
right thing...but i felt so bad...it wasnt spaz fault it was mine...i
could have lost him in less than 5 minutes...thats all i would have
taklen...so please "ALWAYS" rip them or just throw them away...dont make
my mistake...as it could take the life of your little one...he is th only
one out of 11 ferrets that like them...go figure..i kept checking on him
all night MORE THAN USUALY..he gave me kisses after that...i cried...cause
this ferrts still nips...he doesnt kiss...he does now...i didnt try to
hurt him but i did and i now know that he must forgive me for being so
stupid!!!  so again please dont be a dummy like me!!!

Trudie and her little "spaz"  and the other 10 monsters...