From:
Valerie Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:43:36 -0400
Dear Ferret Friends,

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but many of you know me
from the FHL or from shows around the country over the last 20 (yikes!)
years. About a month ago I was cruising Lowe's Home Center website
looking at clothes dryers when I saw this contest they were having. It
was called "Find Your Inspiration" and you had to take a photo, create
a color from it, and tell why it inspired you. So I took one of my
photos from Argentina from a trip my wonderful brother took me on
several years ago when I was feeling well, created the color "Lago
Argentino" and forgot about it.

This past week I got a call that I am one of 25 national finalists out
of about 1200 entrants. I couldn't believe it! I've never won anything
in my life! I have already won a $100 gift card, but if by some miracle
I win the whole thing I would get a room remodel done worth about
$25,000. Nope, I can't even conceive of it...

The winner will be determined by online voting from today until Labor
Day, one vote per person per day. You do have to register, but I can
tell you if you don't select to get their emails they really don't send
them. They do send you coupons worth $10 or $20 a couple times a year
through the mail.

Anyway, if you would vote for me, and maybe encourage anyone you know
on a list or something to vote I would really, really appreciate it. It
would be lovely to bring my kitchen from 1906 to 2007. And for those of
you who don't know me personally, I am disabled and on a very limited
income, so this really is a chance in a millon. I also do shelter
work up here in Jim Thorpe, and am affiliated with Last Chance Ferret
Rescue. I promise if I win I will try and get some exposure for the
furballs!!!

To vote go to:
http://www.lowesfindinspiration.com/finalists.asp?finalistID=14
It's labeled "Lago Argentino, Valerie, Jim Thorpe, PA  These blues
from my trip to Patagonia are inspiring my bathroom remodel."

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK! I know this is a pain in the butt, but I
really appreciate it! And may my current good luck karma pass on to
all of you.

Valerie Williams