From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 3 May 1994 12:22:59 -0400
I am pleased to make two announcements about the Ferret FAQ.

* Version 1.2 of the Ferret FAQ is done!  There are no enormous
changes, but several sections have been added, and the whole thing has
been reformatted.  If you have a copy of an older version, please get
the new file, especially if you're distributing copies to stores, BBS
users, veterinarians' offices, local ferret groups, etc.  Even if you
don't keep a copy lying around, please get the new one and let me know
what you think of it!

* The FAQ is now available from the CUNY listserver, the same place as
the FML FAQ and back issues of the FML itself are kept.

This seems a good time (since I just wrote it :-) to include this,
from the new FAQ:

 -----------------------------

Subject: <0.2> Where to get this file

This FAQ is posted monthly to the rec.pets and news.answers
newsgroups.  It is available by anonymous FTP:
  ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news/answers/pet-ferret-faq/general
(that is, ftp to rtfm.mit.edu and get the indicated file).

If you do not have access to FTP, you can request the file by mail by
sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the single line (in
the body of the message):
GET FERRET ANSWERS

[I've placed it in the FML header.]

You can also "subscribe" to the FAQ, so that you receive a new copy
each time it is updated.  Send a message to [log in to unmask]
with the line:
AFD ADD FERRET ANSWERS

If all else fails, send me ([log in to unmask]) email
and I'll send you a copy.

A couple of logistical notes: The new version of the FAQ might not be
available by FTP or at CUNY for a day or two, since I just sent it out
today.  Also, sometime soon I'll be splitting the FAQ into two or
three pieces, and adding in the more detailed medical information I
collected a month or two ago.  Watch for the announcement!

- Pam in Rochester, NY
friend to Pixxel and Rusty the torpedoferrets