From:
Kymberlie Barone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:34:12 -0400
Hello,

We don't usually post to the FML about adoptable ferrets that we have here,
but I've got a group here that I thought maybe some great FMLers could help
with.

A couple of months ago, I took in a group of five ferrets that were
confiscated from a home.  I know nothing about where they came from or why
they were taken.  These ferrets are beautiful, loving, playful, & healthy.
They are all about a year old, and they would like to have a very good,
loving home to call their own.

The problem is that they are a group of five, and I want to do everything
that I can to avoid splitting them apart.  I do have two people, extremely
good ferret owners, that are interested in taking them if they're split;
one will take three, the other will take two.  These ferrets are really
bonded to each other, though, and it just breaks my heart every time I
think of splitting them up.

I know that it's unlikely that I'll find a home for all five if I just sit
here and wait, because I also had a group of four here since April, and
nobody wanted them.  One sadly passed away last month, and now they're a
group of three (we are also looking for a great home for them!).  But the
difficulty I had in finding them homes will only increase in trying to find
a home for these five, and I don't want them to have to stay here for
months and months.

So I ask all of you.  Is there anyone out there willing and able to take a
group of five in?  I'm looking for the perfect home.  I screen well, so
you'd better be good if you're interested :-).  Ideally, I'm looking for a
home that has friendly ferrets (or none at all), but not too many, as five
can take a toll on time.  I want them to have lots of runtime and lots of
kisses.  They're wonderful little kids, really.  There are two females,
Corky, a tiny sable; and Squirt, a gorgeous chocolate.  The males are Pogo,
a pudgy and adorable sable, Piggly Wiggly, a cinnamon, and Skittles, a
very, very light cinnamon (almost dark eyed white).  I have a gut feeling
that there were some young children in the home that they were taken from
that were less than kind to these ferrets, so I'd prefer a home with either
older children or none at all.  Also, please consider your financial
situation.  Five more mouths to feed isn't necessarily cheap, and remember
that they won't be a year old forever, and in their older years, they may
need medical care that will cost money.  Please only offer to adopt these
ferrets if you know that you can provide a lifelong home for these ferrets,
and they will not EVER be split up.  They will bring you tons of joy, all
I ask in return is that you give them the same joy back for every day of
their life.

If you're interested in adopting this group of five, or even if you are
interested in the other group of three, e-mail me and I will send you our
adoption application.  AWESOME HOMES ONLY need apply! :-)

P.S.... I highly prefer to adopt these ferrets into a home in or near
Pennsylvania, so that I can meet the candidates for adoption.  However, if
you live elsewhere in the country and believe that you are the BEST home
possible, e-mail me, and I will consider you, because it's only the best
that I'm looking for.

Kymberlie Barone
Director,
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
Montgomery County Branch
http://www.ferretrescue.com
"Forget Puppy Love... There's nothing greater than Ferret Love!"tm