From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 09:05:09 -0700
Thanks to everyone who wrote with their sympathies regarding Puffy.  We
really appreciate it.  I've forwarded all the messages to the family to
read.

Unfortunately, we've lost another member of the extended family on
Saturday.  My aunt had to put down her 16 year old Westie, Buttons.  Must
be a bad week for terriers.  Unlike Puffy, Buttons did NOT like ferrets at
all.  When we visited last Christmas, I had to put the ferrets in a bedroom
with the door closed because Buttons tried to eat through the cage.  Then
she practically tore the bottom of the bedroom door apart trying to get in
the room.  Oh, well.  Needless to say, we didn't take the ferts over there
anymore. :-)

Funny thing is, when my aunt started talking about getting another pet, she
was asking me all kinds of questions about ferrets, like care and lifespan
and stuff.  I told her I'd lend her a couple of mine for a few weeks to see
how she liked them.  She laughed and said she thinks she'll stick with
dogs.  Darn!  Thought I might have had a convert there for a second.

Take care everyone!  My hugs and sympathy to anyone who has lost a beloved
pet.  I know my ferts are getting lots of extra hugs tonite.

Aileen & the herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy
===
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."