From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:44:08 -0800
Just a question to the brains on the list.  With all the talk about old age
and cancer lately, I have been wondering about the youngsters.  I think
there have been several ferrets lately under the age of 2 that have been
struck with one kind of cancer or another and when I read the posts by
the owners, they always say something about the ferret being a MF baby.
So I am wondering is the fact that they are MF babies really that relevant,
or is it-like the argument I have with my mother-in-law about Kenmore
Appliances?  She refuses to buy them because her repair man told her he has
to work on more of them than any other brand-in the next breath, he told
her that there are 3 times as many Kenmores in homes than any other brand!
Like dud?  So with MF babies-is it really that there are more of them
stricken with cancer or is it that there are just more of them out there so
that is what we hear about?  And another thing, can't the younger ferrets
being stricken with cancer be compared with the number of human children
that are stricken?  Our hospitals are full of children of all ages fighting
these vicious diseases.  Cancer is not something that just happens to old
people-even though a lot of us may associate that way.  Maybe I'm way off
base, but it seems to me cancer is a threat at any age and being a MF baby
doesn't automatically mean cancer is in the future.

Judy Cooke
Tyson,Einstein and Hope

"The world is made up for the most part of morons and natural tyrants, sure
of themselves, strong in their own opinions, never doubting anything."
Clarence Darrow