From:
Bryan & Nancy Lipscy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 19:53:27 -0700
Safeway is running a fundraiser where you can get a microchip implanted
into your animal for $15 per chip.  $4 of that goes to the Dowey clinic
for low-income pet owners.

There is one catch.  You must have a Safeway Club Card.

All clinics run from 1:00pm to 5:00 pm.  Price includes the chip,
implantation, and registry into the national database.  Almost every
veternarian, animal shelter, Humane society and PAWS has a chip scanner.
This dramatically increases the chance of recovering our michevious little
fuzzies.  Think about it.

Dates & Locations
June 5th: Aberdeen, Maple valley, Lynnwood, Port Townsend, Seattle
(California Ave store).
* June 6th: Aberdeen, Maple Valley, Kent, Oak Harbor, Shelton
  June 12th: Issaquah, Olympia, Shoreline, Kirkland, Renton, Tacoma
**June 13th: Bellevue, Issaquah, Port Orchard, Renton, Shoreline, Spanaway

*  WSFA Meeting
** OFA Ferret Party

The chip is injected sub-dermal into the scruff of the ferret.  The chip
itself is about the size of a grain of rice.  Adverse reactions include
swelling & tenderness.

This is a good thing.  We plan on having Carrot, Gidget and Matrix chipped.
Wuly was chiped when we adopted him from Cascade Ferret Network.  For frame
of reference, a local vet clinic was going to charge us $85/ferret to have
them chipped.

Anyone know where I can buy a chip scanner at?

For the love of the ferrets,
Bryan Lipscy
WSFA: http://www.daft.com/~wsfa