From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:29:44 -0500
It is the Wednesday evening after the 2008 symposium. One week from
the day Stephanie and I left for Pittsburgh Pa. I am finally feeling
back to being me; able to do all the things I normally do here at the
shelter and throughout my day. It took me several days to recoup from
the conference and all the activities that went on. There are some
people that I need to publicly thank for making the weekend possible.

1. Cathy R. for agreeing to stay behind; move into Naples to stay at
the shelter to care for all the little bodies that depend on me 24/7 -
365. Without Cathy R I would not have been able to attend and work the
symposium. Cathy did a great job taking care of things while I was
gone. I do believe she has a better understanding of my daily routine.
2. Mindy H for coming in one day to help Cathy out to do some of the
things it takes more than 2 hands to do.
3. Kristie B for coming in the last day to help put Cathy back
together. I understand there was some confusion on who was who and
where the fur kids belong. Poor Cathy looked whipped when I walked in.

Each of these ladies made that trip possible for me. I can not put into
words how honored I am to have them as my shelter friends.

Stephanie, she was my side kick for the weekend, starting with picking
up the rental van and packing it to go, keeping us on the right route
to Pittsburgh, and lastly helping me at my vendor table. Stephanie is
usually the one to stay behind to watch the shelter; she thought by
coming with me she would not have to work so hard! HA, boy did I fool
her.

It was so great to see you all again, and meet the people I have not
had the pleasure to meet before. Being the vendor coordinator has
allowed me the honor to work with so many of you, get to know more of
you and to spend time with people that are as passionate about ferrets
as I am.

Lastly the IFC committee members: We work so hard to put the symposia
together, when it gets to the dead line, nerves are frazzled, tempers
are short, and time is not on our side. I am honored to be a part of
the committee, I am blessed to be a part of a group that works hard to
make this happen. We are all spent, worked to the bone at the end of
one more conference. Thank you all for allowing me the honor to be a
part of this organization.

Brenda Johnson

Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue/shelter
www.ferretfarm.org

International Ferret Congress Vendor Coordinator
<http://ferretcongress.org/>

Petfinder Page
<http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/NY559.html>

Shelter Video