From:
Thomas Hepper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 01:29:14 -0600
Hello all,
I have been a lurker for most of the time but have posted a few times when
I have had a question to ask.  But this time I have to tell ya a story that
happened about a week ago.

Our ferret Tigger was being himself and became stuck in a corner where our
Kitchen Counter Top and our Breakfast Bar meet.  It was a small Triangular
shape!  I couldn't believe it!  Our other ferret Taz, had either never
discovered this place or was able to get in and out without a problem.  But
Fat Tigger which is only about 5 months old WAS STUCK.  I tried pulling and
pushing her through thinking I could get her out but it was not going to
help.  Then I thought I would Lube her up with Baby Oil, That did not work.
Then out came the Crisco, Still wouldn't work.

After my wife came home, I had her call her maintenance man, and he said
to try and cut a hole in the cubbard to get a better grip.  (My landlord
will be pissed if he sees the hole) But anyway that wouldn't work.  So then
my next thought was to take the Breakfast Bar apart.  Tried but stopped
after awhile.  Figured I wouldn't get it back together again.  So then our
neighbors came home and figured she was a vet, she might have some Ideas.
She just yanked a little harder than I would have for fear of hurting her.
But still didn't work.

We even tried calling animal control, they had no Ideas.  So by this time
it was 3am and I had to work at 8, so I figured place some water in there
and try in the morning, hoping that she could maybe wiggle her way free.
But, when we go up she was still there.

I went to work, trying to figure what else we could do without maybe even
putting her down with a pellet gun.  So I called my wife and told her to
call a Cabinet Maker and see if they could help.  So she did!  The place
that she called was closed but a man was on call.  This guy said he would
come over but would not promise anything.  He came over and wouldn't even
touch the Breakfast Bar, he said that thing was probably nailed in a
hundred differant places and we wouldn't ever get back together.  So he
decided to cut the baseboard.  Something I didn't dare to do so close to
the ferret.  But he cut it out and she came right out.  And I guess she
was SO happy wiggling her butt like there was no tomarrow.

I told my wife to give the guy 75 bucks, but he wouldn't even take it.
Just said to keep the money and when somebody needs help, help them.  He
said he will probably never see anything like that again.  Plus he took
measurment for our baseboard and was going to cut them for us.  Alls we
had to do was pick them up.

What a Saint!!

My wife had our neighbor the vet check Tigger out for maybe some broken
bones, but she didn't mind being poked, so she was probably OK.  After the
soreness wore off she is back to normal.

By the way that hole is now plugged.  Also I have checked every other
corner where there might be such a thing.  I guess I didn't have the place
as ferret proofed as I thought.

Have a good Day,
Tom