From:
Tanya Grave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:10:16 -0800
Judy,

Thank you so much for the memories of Dayna Frazier and Sandeborne
Institute.

In early January I sent a hand-full of handmade sleepsacks and hammocks
to Dayna.  I spent the holidays sewing my little heart out and was really
excited to donate my gifts.  I eagerly read the SOS Shelter list and picked
5 shelters that I felt needed hammocks the most.  I had several criteria
that were important in helping me make my decisions since I'm in CA and
could not physically visit the shelters.  I diligently read the list,
checked out the web sites, and recalled FML postings.  I packed the 5 boxes
and sent my gifts without forewarning.  I eagerly awaited replies from each
shelter hoping they would be as excited as I was in making each of these
sacks out of such love for our ferret friends.  Weeks went by and I slowly
received very nice thank you's from each shelter.  I was so happy I could
help in a distant way.

Then months went by but I never heard from Dayna.  I was heartbroken and
somewhat bitter.  I told my close friends that I would never donate to an
unknown shelter again.  When I calculated the time and cost I had put into
the snuggle sacks, I thought a mere acknowledgement that they arrived
safely and to the intended receipient wasn't too much to hope for.  But
now after reading your post I know why I never heard from Dayna.

I am truly sorry I had some bitter feelings for not receiving a thank you.
Sometimes we have to realize that it's not always about us and how we feel.
But that these shelter people too have lives that take precedence over
how we feel and what we feel we are entitled too.

May God bless and keep Dayna's family at this sad time in their lives.
I hope they will know how much I appreciated Dayna's selflessness in
sheltering our forgotten, unloved and unwanted friends.  She was an angel
here on earth and may she continue to be blessed at the bridge.

Tanya