From:
Jaime Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 11:11:10 -0700
Hi- it's gotten into the high 80's and low 90s here and I'm worried about
our ferrets.  We don't have air conditioning in the house (there's a
portable one that goes in the window but with electricity prices going
through the roof we wanted to wait til summer to use it) and I don't know
how hot it's getting there during the day.  We've tried the ice in the
tupperware so they have something cool to lie next to under the bed-- they
won't go near it.  Can anyone tell me any other tips for keeping them from
getting overheated?  How hot is "too" hot for them temperature-wise?  I'm
going to try to hook up the air conditioner today, but I'm sure this is a
common problem for a lot of people- any advice appreciated.

thanks,

Jaime