From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:53:15 EDT
Its the break of dawn.  I hear footsteps in my room and some rattling.  I
crack my eyes barely open.  Ouch!  Too much light!  So I shut them again.
I think I saw Sean standing there.

"umm mom?  Mom.... MOM!"  Yup.... it was Sean.

I croak out, "yeah?"  And I peek out the slit of one open eye at him.

"The water is wrong mom.  It's wrong.  Fix it"

Ok I was hearing urgency in this.  I began clicking my heals under the
covers, and squeezing my eyes shut real tight like Dorothy in the Wizard
of Oz, hoping this is a dream that will go away.  I peek out.  UGH!  He
is still here!  I perk up a bit, and say with my eye open, "What... whats
wrong with the water, Sean".  I see him holding three water bottles and
looking angry.

"It's broken mom....its all hot.  All.  I tried every water.  Even
downstairs.  It's wrong".

I'm fighting to stay awake, but am worried something is wrong with the
house too.  "Sean!  "

"hmmm?"

"Sean!!!  WHAT is wrong with the water... why is it wrong?  Why is it not
correct?"  (Remember I have to speak to Sean in Seanese sometimes for him
to understand things).

"It's all hot.  Every water.  I even tried outside where it comes out, and
its too hot."

OH my word this child tried all three sinks in the house then, went outside
to all the water faucets and tried them too.  Something must really be
wrong.  OH gosh please no.

"Sean, its summer.  The ground is very warm.  You have to run the water a
long time for it to get cold."

"Moooooooooooom, I Diiiiiiiiid!"

That's it!  I throw off the covers, and go to the nearest bathroom and feel
the running water.  It was indeed very luke warm.  And with running it, it
did not get cold as with apartments.  But it was all quite normal.

"Sean... the water is not hot.  It's ok.  Alright?  It's just fine.

Goodnight."  And I dove back into bed, closing my eyes.

"mom".

Oh God it doesn't leaaaaaaaaaave.  I flip back over and open my eyes back
up, perched up on one arm, and getting quite irrated now.

"What Sean?!  Geeeeez..... I gotta sleeeeep baby".

"Its not correct mom."

At this point I think to myself, "@#%$ #^@&)   W^#%!!!!"

"Sean stop.  You just have to get used to the house kind of water is all.
It is correct for here.  Ok?  It's fine.  I checked it.  Its fine for the
ferrets, its not hot, and it won't hurt them.... now go on."

"Mom, its not though.  They like it cold mom OK?!"

This child is not glaring at me as if I'm cold hearted AND stupid.  "Quite.
Then Sean, put some ice in their bottles if it upsets you so much ok?"

Big grin now.  I close my eyes again.  I hear receeding footsteps.  I roll
over and try to go back to sleep.  But I can't.  Through the vent I hear a
faint singing:

"Rocky Racoon, went into his room, ...."

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: