From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2013 23:24:33 -0500
>It is with a heavy heart, that we let everyone who has been following
>Mocha's progress know, that this morning between 3:00-6:00 am, she
>left this world. She was found when shelter mom went to give her her
>6:00 am feeding, curled up in a blanket with Ms. Bean.

Dear Jim & Crystal.

I was woken this early morning by a very, loud war-dance. At first I
thought it was my chubby brothers Obi and Fat Ollie coming to visit,
but when I pulled back the curtains I saw over a dozen fuzzits on my
front lawn. Each war-dance was unique on it's own, and there was an
equal amount of dooking too. As I listened carefully I could make out
what that they were not just dooking in joy, but dooking a song - the
tune being "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", and I knew your crew was there
to deliver a scroll for one of your beloved fur-baby's.

I walked out onto my front porch and was met by "The King", Ranger to
the rest of you folks. He hugged me and then handed me the scroll. As I
open and read it, others gathered about me to read it with me. First,
and foremost there as Sophia - The Matriarch, then Digger, Rustle
(still a beloved mascot of the Kennedy Business), Fuzzy, Oliver, Lee,
Linus and, last, but not least, the most perfect little lady Gabby.

Ashley, Pumpkin, Alice, Fiona, Princess, Kia and Maggie were busy
picking flowers to bring along with them, while Picco and Mario were
thumb wrestling. The others - Mr. P, Mr. Wiggles, Zues, Chompers, Seth,
and Burton were piled in the hammie I have strung up in the tree's
that line my cottage, and everywhere I glanced I could see others
beautiful/handsome faces in that busniness - Ren, Nico, Leo, Cocoa (who
is no longer scrawny!) and quite a few more.

The scroll was all about Mocha. What a journey this tiny, darling
little girl had, but through the love, compassion, patience and of
course the joy of just having her, she made an ever-lasting mark upon
both of your hearts. As Sophia put it, "To those who bring a ferret
into their life, many other things will follow with that ferret. Some
of them frustrating, some of them sad, but over-all a vast majority of
a ferrets life is one of love, and it is up to each hoomin to not just
simply bring us into their homes, but to invest love, time and patience
in us, and the rewards given are innumerable to count."

She's very good with words!

She is also (kinda) bossy. She's the one that got everyone together,
got us in line, and had us continue on the path to the Rainbow Bridge.
As we walked, I thought about all of the love I was surrounded by. It's
intangible to you, and even us, when we are earth bound, but once we
arrive at the Bridge, it's something you can not only feel, but see,
kinda like an aura. The best part is that when there are enough
fuzzit's that belong to a single, family business, they aura's are all
multi-coloured and flow in and around everyone in the business, and
even those who come to just visit and play get caught up in it as well.
I saw purples, pinks, blues, golds, oranges, and silvers, and as each
swirled about the mixture reminded me of a sunset.

I was so enamoured by the love that surrounded me, that I didn't eve
know when we had actually reached the Bridge. Trust me, I did, and it
was to a very staunch "Ahem" from Sophia, who raised her left eye brow
and tilted her head towards the Bridge, as if to say, get on with it
pal.

So I got my fuzzy-butt in gear, walked over to the Bridge, and did my
part. Normally I simply go over the facts of the scroll in my head,
and in thinking about them and the fuzzit they were written about,
it allows like an open line to the Guardian Angels who escort those
arriving, letting them know that I am waiting for them, but this time
around - and I am only guessing - but between Ranger and Sophia, they
did all the thinking, because the moment I opened my thoughts to begin
the process, Mocha was there.

Her arrival was so quick, I thought that I was just feeling the whoosh
of angel wings, but it was her running full out. Picture this, a ferret
in "Lamborghini Mode", going to fast, then leaping into the air, and as
graceful as a feather, come floating down on wings of white into the
center of your all beloved babies. They took turns hugging and kissing
and greeting her even better then I could have done, and the best thing
ever, was that for every touch, every hug, every I love you, her wings
picked up a bit of that "love" I was telling you about.

By the end of her welcoming, she was radiating from the tip of her
nose, to the tip of her tail, and her wings were a magnificent swirl
of a divine sunset.

Oh, and Mocha told me to pass this note onto her mom - "The first thing
I did when I got settled is I ate on my own - but I got to admit I
really missed being fed and pampered - and then I weighed myself.

Mom I'm 2 pounds and 2 ounces now!

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah