From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2011 14:33:37 -0400
Text of the article:
Disease manifestations of canine distemper virus infection in ferrets
are modulated by vitamin A status.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/137/8/1916.long
or
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/137/8/1916.full.pdf+html

Yes, the dose amount IS correct. When the abstract was at one point put
in the FML and FHL an FHL member asked about that and I contacted the
researchers, Dr. Brian Ward:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/FHL9659

 ---

<http://www.onlinedrugtest.info/generic-metronidazole-benzoate-information.html>
(which also contains links)

<http://www.justanswer.com/pet-cat/1h2k8-metronidazole-benzoate-safe-give-cat-vet-gave.html>
(Scroll to the expert answer from a Dr. Z in the link above.)

<http://www.newdruginfo.com/pharmacopeia/usp28/v28230/usp28nf23s0_m53710.htm>

VETS and PHARMACISTS, this has the decomposition rates for this drug
depending on prep:
<http://books.google.com/books?id=Urax9nIU_GcC&pg=PA434&lpg=PA434&dq=metronidazole+benzoate+%2Bstorage&source=bl&ots=v6BRas9aPD&sig=6_Wd9tKRa7Hx79TYm1q6yrRac4Q&hl=en&ei=TkG8TYTtCMjb0QHI9c3GAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&sqi=2&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=metronidazole%20benzoate%20%2Bstorage&f=false>
It is page 434 of the _Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs_

<http://www.medicines.org.uk/guides/Metronidazole%20benzoate/protozoal%20infections/>
 and
<http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gum-disease/Pages/MedicineOverview.aspx?condition=Amoebiasis&medicine=Metronidazole%20benzoate&preparation=Metronidazole%20200mg/5ml%20oral%20suspension>
(U.K.)

Various things keep pointing to compounding pharmacies as being the
usual way to get this variation in the U.S. , including the textbook
and one compounding pharmacy's own page:
http://www.centurysquarepharmacy.com/pets.html
(I am NOT personally familiar with this particular compounding
pharmacy, but if FHL members go to the FHL website (addy in my sig
lines) and open the Files section there is a list of compounding
pharmacies recommended by FHL members and kept by Moderator Pam Sessoms
who also keeps the list of recommended ferret vets and the separate
FHL archives with over 10 years of info which can be linked to from
multiple places on the FHL homepage.)

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/