Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 21:30:47 -0500
Hi all, I don't want to get you worried, we aren't giving up our fuzzies.
We cannot think of living without them.

I was just called by a friend, his name is Jay, and he has decided that it
is in the best interest of his ferrets for them to find a new, loving home.
He has a 1 year old girl, and another on the way.  His wife is not too
ferret friendly (more into the kids) and he is afraid to let his fuzzies out
while his daughter is around.  He doesn't want them to get stepped on, their
tails pulled, or them inadvertantly killed by his young and curious little
girl.  He's had them for about 5 months and until his daughter learned to
walk, everything seemed all right.  But now that she is mobile, the ferrets
are in danger of her curiousity.  Consequentially, his ferrets only get out
of the cage 1 or 2 times a week.  He feels badly about the situation and
feels that it is not fair for his fuzzies to live such a confined life.  He
told me that he wants about $200 for everything (male, female, cage, pet
taxi), but mainly he expressed that he felt that someone paying for them
would more likely take good care of them rather than giving them away to an
impulsive taker.  I think that he would sell them to a loving home for much
less if he was convinced that the adopters would care for them lovingly.

His phone number is (208) 356-7315.  (he asked me to post his number.)
Anyone interested in a loving pair of sable fuzzies are invited to call him.
It would probably be best if the adopters were in Idaho or one of the
surrounding states (to reduce stressful summertime travel for the ferrets.)
I am also sure that he would be interested in any tips to finding a
trustworthy and loving family for his fuzzy pals.

I wish that we could take them, but for us we cannot at the present time
take any more than our 2: Bela and Fezzik.  Actually, last night I had a
dream that I found 4 or 5 abandoned ferrets in the woods.  I didn't know
what to do.  I wanted to keep them, but knew that we couldn't.  In my dream,
one of them, a small female, had a terrible underbite and a painful looking
dislocated jaw.  I almost cried in my sleep trying to figure out what to do
with these poor, pitiful creatures that deserved more than to be abandoned.
Whew. . .  I'm so glad that that it was just a dream and that our 2 fuzzies
are healthy and happy. (boing boing, hiss hiss, kissie kissie, nap, snooze..)

Anyway, any help for my friend, Jay, would be surely appreciated
You can also e-mail me w/ your comments, questions or offers for adoption:

--
"Until the circle of man's compassion is extended to all living things, man
himself shall not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer