From:
Melissa Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:16:40 -0800
Firstly, I want to thank everyone on their info and comments about Binks
being still intact.  I'm feeling alot better about it today, lol!  I've
finally gotten over the shock of it all.

I've been calling around to find a vet to perform his neuter and I found
one nearby who uses ketamine/diazepam combo for anesthesia.  I've only
heard of isoflurane and another kind of iso gas used on ferrets.  Is this
type of anesthesia safe for ferrets?  I've found a vet who has performed
ferret neuters over the years and I feel more confident with him doing it
than the vet I've been using.  She has never done a neuter of a ferret.
Both vets mentioned it is alot like a cat neuter.  Is this true??

anyway, I'm just alittle nervous about this as far as finding a vet and
all.  I used a very good exotics vet when Yoda needed his adrenal surgery
but he is an hour and a half away and I just dont' want to do that drive
if I don't have to, not to mention my car is a serious oil burning fool
lately.  Should I use this vet that is using the ketamine/diazepam combo?

Thanks,
Melissa and Stinky Binks