From:
Marc Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:38:51 EDT
Hello to all!

I have a wonderful female ferret that I recently rescued that needs to go
to a good home.

Her name is Louis (as in the Budweiser Lizard) ... her former owners
thought she was a boy!  Louis was evidently found by the son (in his
mid-twenties) 2 years ago at a boat ramp in VA.  After noone claimed her,
he took her in and kept her.  Louis went to the son's mother about a year
ago.  No explanation but I did see the mother holding a baby girl that I
assume was her granddaughter - so I assume the ferret had to go when the
son's wife got pregnant.

The mother said Louis was a great ferret but that she did not get to let
him out all that much and thought it would be best for Louis if she goes to
a home that could give her the love and attention she needs.  Louis loves
cats and dogs ... so a family with other pets is OK.  No indication on
whether Louis likes other ferrets since Louis has never been around them
before.  I know these people took good care of her because she is just the
nicest, playful ferret!  Her former parents had no vet records so I took
her to my vet and had her checked out and had her shots updated.

Louis is free to a good home.  I would take her myself but I have the Tres
Amigos (Rocky, Sam and Chloe) plus a Lhasa Apso dog already.  The Tres
Amigos are all 3 as well so the likelihood of a major medical problem is
going up every day.  I feel secure that I could cover any unanticipated
expenses with caring for them but I could not feel secure bringing in a
fourth.  Plus I am buying a condo next month (yippee!)!

So ... if anyone would like to adopt a wonderful, approximately 3 year old
female ferret just email me or give me a call at (703) 858-7834 (home).

Marc Wilson and the Tres Amigos (Rocky, Sam and Chloe)