From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 10:53:55 -0400
Yesterday Sukie wrote:
>Join in!  Think of such silly conversations as a swimming hole.  Just
>because some kids are already there doesn't mean that they won't approve
>of your high board cannon ball entrance, or of you slyly sneaking into
>the fun with a slick dockside dive.  The more who play, the merrier!

Couldn't agree more!  I can't tell you how many times I have gotten a
post from someone saying basically "I had something to say about, (fill
in topic here) but I didn't post anything because I'm not a good writer
like you."  NUTS TO THAT!  (Just no more Beer Nuts to Ping.)  I don't
write any differently than I talk.  If you can talk, heck, if you can
*think*, you can write.

The real strength of the FML is that we have such a diversity of
experience and knowledge in our membership.  Heck, I'm a stay at home
housewife with health problems and I have *plenty* to say.  Some of it
is funny, some of it is practical knowledge about taking care of our
little four legged friends.  I learned a *lot* of my practical knowledge
just from reading the FML.  I won't get more of it if YOU DON"T POST.

You don't need a degree or a credential to post, don't need to have taken
creative writing classes.  Don't need to be one of the frequently read
names, like mine, or Sukie's, or Wolfy's.  This is a community, and if
you are reading this, you are already a part of it.  You are welcome,
wanted, and your knowledge and experience and participation is valued.

Waiting for a formal invitation?  HERE IT IS.  The FML needs YOU.

Alexandra in MA