From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:45:46 -0500
I've heard of speed reading, but...

 :-)   LOL!  20 minutes -- yeah, sure -- to just click them open on
one page and move on to the next link without navigating in the page
first...

Seriously, the FML Archives cover about 15 of the years of the FML,
the FHL Archives cover about 6 years, the AFIP site has over 20
articles, many in depth, etc.  Many other things listed also lead
into more.

I'll get silly and send you some general things to work from as well
as some highly specific things.

If you would like some further resources that relate to ferrets
and/or to finding medical and scientific info, and hoarding and
abuse info (including some governmental abuse), I'll include some
more links (not ones that are e-mail versions or extensions of some
physical general publications but those exist and can be useful,
too).  I think VIN was in the earlier list already so not including
this time, but you can search and find it and much, much more.
When you find a link to an interesting article that is in a by-
subscription journal some allow you to by the specific article, BTW.):

http://www.ndltd.org/
http://www.vetcontact.com/en/index.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/
http://www.news-medical.net/
http://www.pnas.org/papbyrecent.shtml
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi
http://www.eurekalert.org/
 etc.
http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/hoarding/
<http://www.hsus.org/pets/issues_affecting_our_pets/behind_closed_doors_the_horrors_of_animal_hoarding.html>
http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/oct02/021015a.asp
http://www.pet-abuse.com/database/
http://www.issg.org/database/species/ecology.asp?si=886&fr=1&sts=
http://www.animallaw.info/cases/causfd876fsupp529.htm
 etc.
http://www.vspn.org/Library/WWWDirectory/Mammals_Small_Exotic.htm
http://www.aemv.org/Documents/2006_AEMV_proceedings_10.pdf
<[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]>
http://www.vetpathology.org/cgi/content/full/43/2/97
http://dspace.library.cornell.edu/bitstream/1813/2760/1/2003+Martel.pdf
http://www.aemv.org/Documents/Ferret/Ferret'sFirstVisit_.doc
 etc
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=15030601&dopt=Abstract>

http://www.ivis.org/newsletter/archives/jan06/jan2706ice.htm
> ICE 2006 PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
> Exotic Animal Medicine and Surgery
> - Treatment of Urinary Obstruction in the Male Ferret
> - Influence of Heredity on Multiple Endocrine Neoplasms in Ferrets
> - Polymyositis in the Ferret
> - Update on Oral and Subcutaneous Lymphoma Protocols for Ferrets
>   and other Chemotherapy Options in Exotic Animals...

http://www.google.com is also useful.  For instance, you may want to
search on

Mustela +polecat

and read a lot about wild relatives from various experts on the topic
who work hands on with these animals, their environs, their prey
species, their preditors, etc.

There! Now, you have more than enough to keep you busy for the rest
of your life. Happy, Gordon?

Sukie (not a vet)
Current FHL address:
People can join there or can send a blank mail to the automated
joining address:
and then follow the directions.
(The second is recommended for those having problems with Yahoogroups
web settings, and afterward send a blank mail from your subscribed
address to
to get the digest instead of individual mails. )
Recommended ferret health links: