From:
Ursula Elrod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 20:56:34 -0400

Hi Becca.
I used to have a cage like yours ... and you're right - it's scary to see
the little critters fall!

I put hammocks under every "shelf" and ramp that a fuzzy could fall from.
And when they did fall, the hammocks would catch them.  It took a lot of
hammocks!!!  What ended up happening is that the fuzzies learned that they
could roll into the hammock, and then get down from there (smart critters).

We did get a new cage which is wider rather than higher.  There are not
nearly as many dangers - but I still use hammocks as safety nets.

One other thing - you may want to use carpeting on the ground floor - along
with sweatshirts or something to break the fall.

Best of luck.
Ursula