From:
"Karen E. Marsh-Lovvorn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 15:49:26 -0400
To Kristi Howard:
TriFl (Triangle Ferret Lovers Club, in Central N.C.) has been watching
SB875, the "Wild Animal Bill", for months.  Ferrets are classified as
"exotic" in N.C.  & are legal & unregulated; however, our concern is that,
because they are not specifically exempted from the bill, they could be
included "by default." The original bill was killed in committee last year,
but could be re-introduced this fall.  We've stepped up our educational
efforts, identified some key legislators, & are working on key issues.
We've also been talking with local animal control officials, schools, etc.
in our efforts to promote ferrets as pets.  For more info., check out our
web page, at http:/www.phy.duke.edu/ferrets/

TriFL membership is open to all, & we're always glad to welcome new members!
The local group meets monthly at the Youth For Christ building in Apex, N.C.
The next meeting is May 4.  Our $15/yr.  per household membership fee
includes a monthly newsletter & membership card.  If you want more info.,
please e-mail me or access our local newsgroup at [log in to unmask]

To Ed Nash:
Even though I know you personally, I wanted to publicly thank you for
sharing your story about flea-induced anemia.  I think it was particularly
timely as we enter into the flea season!  I hope your "words of wisdom" will
prevent this tragedy from happening to other ferrets.  PLEASE, folks, check
your pets regularly for fleas & if you find them, ELIMINATE them!!!  For
every flea you see, there are many that you don't, & it doesn't take long
for them to take your pet's life!

Ferrets at the Faire!
Hear ye, hear ye.  The Faire is almost upon us!  We'll be there with bells
on (in appropriate pre-15th century garb, of course!) this Sat., April 27, &
Sun.  April 28 in Raleigh.  If you're going to be down our way, please join
us!  Our booth will be located near the front entrance of the Faire, & we'll
have educational info., pictures, activities, ferret games, and of course,
our friendly "spokesferts" there all weekend.  We'll be doing ferret talks &
shows on the Unicorn Stage at 2:15 and 4:15 Sat.  and 2:15 and 4:45 Sun.
For more info.  & directions, please contact me, or our newsgroup.

Happy ferreting!

Karen
TriFl/Rogues Gallery