From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:31:18 -0700
Been wanting to post about my adventures at the Columbus Show last weekend
but time has been tight again and I haven't really had a chance until now.
It was a great show and I had a blast!  Met a lot of real cool people.
Lydia Russell from Michigan came with her husband and let me tell you...
she is so cool!!  I loved her!  What a sense of humor this one has!  If
her and I lived closer-I think we'd be bestest friends!!!

Also got to meet Ron Carter-the ole fuzzie dad himself!  He was pretty
cool, too-and I would swear he is part ferret!  I didn't get to-but we
think my daughter got to meet Vickie McKimmey when she got to be a steward.
At least that's who we think she was.  My daughter said, "Wow Mom, she sure
knows a lot about ferrets!" My daughter had a good time and I want to say
thank you to the HOFA people for taking the time to help and encourage a
teenager to become more involved!  Bunny, Pam, Shari....thank you all!  I
also got to be a steward-sorry, I can't remember (old age!) the name of the
guy I helped-I think it was Jerry, but he was great!  I learned an awful
lot from him!  I thought he was very fair and from what I could tell the
scores were sooooo close!  It was very interesting to see how it's all
decided!

But the best part of the show was the shopping!  I hate shopping....except
for ferret stuff!  I had a blast!  NEVER-I mean never take a teenager
ferret stuff shopping!!!  I'm not sure how many vendors there were, but
they all sold balls!  Big balls, little balls, balls with bells, crocheted
balls!  You may think I am kidding when I say we bought from every
table-well, maybe not from every table, but when we got home and counted
them-we had 24 balls of assorted sizes, shapes and colors!  The kids had
a ball with them-pardon the pun!!

Anyway-it was a great show and the way I see it, that reflects on the HOFA
members!  So much hard work, dedication and love went into this effort and
it showed!!  Great job guys!!!  I can't wait until next year!

=====
Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope, and Einstein