From:
David Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 00:08:10 -0700
   "So where the heck are we going to find the crinkle sack?" Maxie asked.
   "Yeah," Sammi added.  "We left it in the woods when we went our big
adventure!"
   "Well," Otter provided.  "Let me show you what has become of the magical
bag since you last saw it..."
   "Woah!"  Sammi exclaimed as she watched the waters in the tub swirl and a
moving image within became clearer.  The vision that it showed was that of
three, unkempt, backwoods-type men in their long underwear walking through
the forest, grumbling and cursing.
   "Those are the trappers!"  Rosie shouted.  "The ones who hurt our friend
Foxie!  What are they doing?"
   "Yes," Otter stated.  "They are up to no good again..."

   "Stanley," One of the trappers said to the other.  "Where do we go now?"
   "Why you gotta ask me such dumb questions, Jim Bob!" Stanley hollared back
at him as they walked.
   "You guys knock it off!"  The third man yelled at them.  "We gotta find
some shelter!  Look, there is a cave over there!"
   "Yeah," Jim Bob replied.  "Billy Ray is right!"  He pointed to the dark
entrance in the side of a mountain.  The three of them ran quickly inside
and found themselves in complete and utter blackness.
   "Now what?" Billy Ray asked, shaking from the cold dampness of the place.
   "We find out where this cave leads to is what!" Stanley answered, walking
forward into the unknown.
   "What if there are bears in here?!" Billy Ray whimpered.
   "Will you two quit with the whining?!" Stanley commanded.  "Follow me!"
He led the other other two for a good thirty minutes into the depths of the
cavern.  They couldn't see anything and keep bumping into each other and
into the walls of the maze-like corridors.
   "Okay," Jim Bob asked as they reached a dead end.  "Now what?"
   "Quiet down!"  Stanley answered.  "I'm trying to think here!"
   "Man," Billy Ray stated, shivering from the chill in the air.  "I wish we
had some clothes!"
   "Me too!" Jim Bob agreed.  "Hey, what the heck is that?" Suddenly a
brilliants, luminescent, blueish glow appeared at their feet in the tunnel.
   "Holy Moses!"  Exclaimed Billy Ray.  "Is it a ghost or something?"
   "No, you idiot!"  Stanley answered as he picked up the sachel that was
illuminating the cave.  "It looks like a bag or something."
   "Well," Jim Bob asked, dumbfounded.  "Is there anything in it or what?"
   "Yeah," Billy Ray added.  "Maybe there is money in it!"
   "No," Stanley replied, pulling an arm-full of neatly-folded clothing from
the enchanted crinkle sack.  "But get a load of this!"
   "Hey," Jim Bob yelled.  "That's a coincidence!  We just was wishin' for
some clothes and here they are!"
   "Wow," Billy Ray said.  "This sure is ironic."
   "You know," Stanley stated.  "You two could put your heads together and
listen in each other's ears and you know what you'd hear?"
   "What?" They both answered, with puzzled looks on their faces.
   "The ocean!" Stanley screamed.
   "I don't get it..." Jim Bob frowned.  "What do you mean?"
   "I think that he means that our heads are hollow or something," Billy Ray
provided.
   "Bingo!"  Stanley exclaimed.  "Now listen here you dummies... I have a
feeling that we have stumbled upon a gold mine here with this bag."
   "I don't see any gold..." Jim Bob declared.
   "Shut up and listen to me!" Stanley commanded.  "This bag here seems to
be magic or something, and you know what that means, boys?"
   "That we can pull a rabbit out of it?" Bill Ray asked, still not
understanding what they had found.
   "No," Stanley answered, laughing loudly.  "What it means is that we are
going to be rich...filthy, stinking rich!!!"

                 (to be continued...)