From:
April Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:15:44 -0400
>From:    reagan rodney <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I have a ferret that I need to put on Lupron.  My vet wanted me to ask
>if anyone knew of a place to order it from?  I'm assuming that it has to
>be shipped cold?  If anyone could give me any information on ordering
>and on Lupron itself, I would be very grateful!

Try contacting the Worcester Cat Hospital and Bird Clinic in MA
(508-798-0400) and ask them-they use it quite frequently for birds and
ferrets.  I used to work there, but don't know where we ordered it from.
We had to constitute it ourselves and then freeze individual doses.

It can be very expensive if your vet doesn't use a lot of it; we were
able to afford to give Lupron injections for $28, but we bought a lot
of it at once and were able to use it before it went bad; a lot of vets
don't use much of it (my current clinic network is VERY pricey for
Lupron, despite the much bigger size of the clinics; I still get mine
from WCH & BC when I've needed it).

Perhaps your vet can get together with other clinics that may use it more
often to make it more cost-effective for all...

Best,

April and the Auburn Five (reading her first FML in months due to her
crazy life.... :( I miss you all!!!)