Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 23:18:12 -0600
Hey all.

Just wanted to ask a question about pine.  I have heard (repeatedly) how bad
cedar is for ferrets (and being an allergy sufferer myself, I know how bad
it can be for people, too).  Pine seems to be an "Okay" wood from what I
have heard.  I no longer use any type of shavings in my cages, but I do use
Nature's Way Feline Pine litter and have recommended it to lots of other
ferret owners.  Recently, my mom's ferret, Bilbo, came down with what we
thought was a cold.  He hacked and coughed continuously.  The vet said that
it was tonsilitis (sp?), that he could develop allergies or asthma, and that
it was probably caused by the pine litter.  Do you think that could be it?
I really have found the pine litter to be the answer to (almost all of) my
prayers.  I would hate to give it up, but if it causes one of the family
ferrets distress, it could cause it in the others, too.  Any thoughts?

I have the unexpected pleasure of compiling/writing the next newsletter for
the Houston Area Ferret Association.  If anyone knows of any Texas events or
items of interest to mention in the newsletter, let me know.

I have a webpage (finally).  I come from a family that didn't get a VCR or
answering machine until 1988, we're a little behind...Anyhow, it's a pretty
basic (and fairly absurd) webpage and still very much "under construction,"
but if you feel like communing with the great Trowel, look me up...

http://prozac.cwru.edu/kelly

Eventually I hope to have pictures of the Reverend and the rest of the gang,
but by my calculations, I won't be sticking to family standards if I get a
scanner before 2003.

Enjoy.

Kelly
Reverend Maynard, Edie, Cosette, Static and Magkij znak....