Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:16:41 -0400
Very short on time.  Sorry.

frucose: Don't know if it is as much a potential problem as the others
might be, so fruit might or might not be a problem.  Moderations tends
to usually make sense, esp. when so much is still hypothetical.

JL = Juvenile Lymphoma.

Linoleum: first we had 7 and 1/2 year old Meeteetse get the vet checks she
needed to know what was going on.  As it turns out in her case exercise is
EXACTLY the RIGHT thing for her old joints and she, fortunately, seeks it
when she is stiff.  When she's especially sore she goes right to the
linoleum, and pretty much "swims" with her rear legs for a while till she
gets the stiffness out.  She also does a lot of walking, and she has a very
tight tube-tube which we have slit up the sides so no one can get caught in
it and she forces herself through that.  All help her a great deal.  So,
first step: GO TO THE VET!

Reminder to some of those who have posted recently: NOTHING can substitute
for seeing a ferret-knowledgeable vet.  Nothing.  Never try to substitute
the list for that.