Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:26:53 -0700
Lately I've been noticing that the ferret room is smelling more stinky
than usual, probably due to some warm summer days and the fact that the
room doesn't get much air circulation even though there is a built-in
fan running 24/7.

In addition to the litterbox, I have a small garbage can where I put
the litterbox scoopings every day but I've never been accustomed to
emptying that trash can every day and even when I do, the poop smell
still lingers .....

So I'm wondering if anyone has ever used anything like a baby "diaper
genie" type trash recepticle in their ferret room?  It seems this would
do a much better job of pulling the odors out of the air in that room and
keeping the poop odor locked away until I empty the trash?  I do have a
small air purifyer-type thing in there as well but it doesn't help much
and air freshners that I've tried to use just tend to mask the smell,
not eliminate it.

Any suggestions????  THANKS!

P.S.  For those who remember I posted recently that my furkid, Sasha, had
stopped using the litterbox alltogether when I changed boxes .... now
she's using the old box, which is back in it's original place, BUT she's
only using it about 20% of the time - she used to be SOOOO good and now
just poops right in front of the old box most of the time - WHAT IS SHE
TRYING TO TELL ME?????  ARGH!!!!

Jennifer and the 3 STINKY Amigos  :-)