Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2007 13:57:53 -0500
I too am so tired of the fighting and nit picking on the fml! The
ferret community came together and did a wonderful, miraculous thing to
help get homes for all these precious little lives from the DMK rescue
and now there is fighting, arguing and nit picking amongst us, why???
The ferret community did something that how many other associations,
including the big ones like ASPCA, AHA and other associations, could
or would do???? and now there is "where was the money spent" going on.
Does anyone who donates to the big organizations ask where their money
went???? I am sure it is not all for the animals! What Lori did was
something even a big organization, most likely could not do or want to
get involved in doing! This woman in my eyes is a hero!

I for one, could care less about where the money went or how it was
used. For one, how many people would even consider taking in that
amount of ferrets all at once????? What she did is something I do not
think many of us would even consider. She set her life aside to care
and rescue these DMK kids! If any money was used to help her or her
ferrets or people that helped, good for her and them, as they deserve
it! I am so tired of hearing all the damn nit picking going on the FML
and everywhere else. What the Hell is wrong with people? Let's see if
anyone else would actually do what she did and put their life on hold
to help and care for these ferrets. I cannot fathom taking care of that
amount of ferrets, never mind the 12 I have! Personally, I will donate
again and again, as she deserves every bit of money she can get and
more!!!!! and I will not question where the money went! If donating
money is an issue, donate food, supplies or directly to their vet, then
their will be no questions! I for one, am very grateful for the two DMK
kids I have. Everyone who has taken in DMK ferrets have given these
kids heaven as they were living in Hell!

Many shelters are hurting this time of year and struggle throughout the
year with more ferrets coming in than going out and run in the red, not
black. Both my husband and I have said that if were ever to win the
lottery for big bucks, you bet besides taking care of our family, we
would donate to each and every ferret shelter possible including people
that do not have a shelter but have many ferrets.

Eleanor, Donald and the 12 happy fuzzies